- Create a bucked with the full domain name of your website (so in my case www.mostlystatic.com)
Your website is now available at .s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com
- Add a CNAME entry to your DNS records:
Once the DNS changes have propagated you'll be able to access the bucket on your domain.
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
Add an index document
To set a document as the homepage do the following:
- Upload an html file to the S3 bucket and make it public
- Go to the S3 bucket list in the AWS Console
- Right-click on the bucket containing your website and select "Properties" in the context menu
- Under "Website" check "Enabled" and enter the filename of the html page
- Click Save
Change bucket permissions (optional)
In the "Permissions" section of the bucket properties you can make all files in the bucket publicly available at once. Add a new permissions and check the "View Permissions" box. Then save the changes.